Saturday, November 10, 2012

Slow


Slow.  Just slow.  I am realizing more and more that I am always in a hurry.  I walk fast.  I eat fast.  I shower fast.  What for?  Why am I always rushing?  Hurry hurts people.  Hurry hurts kids.  Here in Africa everything is slow.  Or at least it seems like everything is slow.  The kids walk so slow!  The lines take an eternity.  Mail takes weeks.  It takes forever to get places because of the traffic.  It drives me nuts!  But I am realizing it is so good for me  It is Sunday morning and I was in the shower and I was rushing.  As I realized what I was doing I just started to laugh at myself.  It is a Sunday morning.  I have no appointments today.  Nowhere that I really have to be and while I do have several things I want to get accomplished today, I have more than enough time to get them all done.  So why am I rushing?  How much do I miss out on because I am always in a hurry and always trying to get to the next thing.  

2 comments:

  1. So true! I love this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a time to be fast and a time to be slow.... glad you are slowing down enough to receive wisdom. Love you always!

    We love your blogging! Grandparents are always asking about you and love to read your blog too!

    ReplyDelete